Alright! I've finally got another poem. This was actually kind of written with a friend in mind. Here it is:
Blue Bird
My precious blue bird
I know that it won't be long
Before that shooting star
Comes to sing a song
To capture your heart
And carries you away
Because the only reason
That you're still like me
Is because you are too smart
To blindly believe
To chase useless glitter,
Simply because it glimmers in the sunlight
You won't "settle for less"
Which makes me glad
Because I know you
Well enough to know
That you deserve the best
When that day comes
Although I will be glad
Deep down, I fully know
That, even if to a slight degree,
I will have to fight the face of misery
I won't want to let you go
Selfishly, I want to keep you to myself
As much as I may feel this way
I hope to do what is best
And when that day comes
I will stand back, and let you fly away
I know that love will conquer
I will let you go
Because I care too much
To keep you on the ground with me
Knowing you could fly sky high
So I bid adieu, my dear blue bird
As you fly away
I'll watch you leave
Hoping that someday
I will find you again
Until then, I will dream
Of your warm smiles
On a sweet n' sunny afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment