Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbye

Whew! This month has been crazy! I'm almost there! I'm almost there! I have a special event this month that I am entirely too excited about! I know that it will change my life because everyone tells me it is a life changing experience and I am sure that it will be a blessing I can't imagine. I truly have high hopes for it's affect on my life and my effectiveness in my volunteer work! I had to tell someone this because my head is barely above water and tears cannot express the joy and relief in seeing how close help is! It isn't by any means because I deserve it (seriously), but my friend is truly a merciful one! Anyways, here's the next poem per request (I think this is the one they requested).

I wrote this poem never intending to share it with anyone, unless an "unforseen occurance" had fallen upon me. This was another poem for family and friends that I wanted to tell them (part 1 I suppose) of how I really feel and would not want them to let a bittersweet goodbye eat away their reasons to continue the fight, but rather fuel them. I guess I should just let the poem speak for itself...

Bittersweet Goodbye

I'm sorry, I have to say goodbye
It's okay, if you need to, you can cry
But please don't mourn forever
Someday soon we'll be together
Don't let it drag you down
But rather, let your love for him abound
Just because I can't be there
It doesn't mean he doesn't care
It doesn't mean you won't belong
You will always have a place under his wing
As long as you strive to do the right thing
But he'll always cherish you
He'll always be true
He'll take care of you, he's got your back
He'll always help you get back on track
So will his people
I know it's hard, but you can make it up this steep hill
Over things you wish you done differently, don't be mad
Don't you know this would make me sad
I love you, please believe it's true
Our last fight, I won't hold on to
The memories I hold close
Are the ones that fill me with hope
In the depth of pain, we don't always see,
or understand reasons with clarity
Please don't be bitter with him
It's not his fault we're all plagued by sin
He'll take care of you
Just hang in there
Keep your chin up
Don't give up, even when you feel stuck
Keep your head clear
So that you can see where,
the attacks are coming from
Don't stop even when you think you're done
Read the bible, again and again
Jehovah will soon, make our real life begin
Fight the fine fight to the end
and be sure to take care, my precious family and friends

I know I know. It's very emotional and cheesy and...I think I'll just stop there. For some reason, I found myself in tears when typing this up to this post. I will post on my Arctic Shrew a little more as to why.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could write ones as long as you. I have short ones. :] Oh well, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because I've gotten into the habit of talking too much. Your's are great! It's not a matter of how much you say, but the feeling in what you say. Your's are simple and to the point, but still with feeling/meaning, most people prefer that anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. Well thanks. Hey, btw, I would like a guest writer, if you're interested. /:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Ps I meant a guest writer on my blog, but if that inspired you to have a guest writer on yours, then booyah! Two birds with one stone!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. そか。あはは!(⌒-⌒; ) this is the first request for a guest appearance that i've ever gotten.
    IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW MOMMA!! I'M MOVIN ON UP!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ (that was a joke)
    けど、私の上手じゃない。 I can't promise it'll be any good. でも、一生懸命頑張る。What would you like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything. :] Whatever you're comfortable with sharing, send me to my email. :] You know my email, right? (I think its in my profile?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try to find it on your site and get something to you somewhat soon, i have pio school starting this week so I'll be pretty occupied then. (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pio school?! Really?! Grats, I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 有賀とな!Finished and had a wonderful get together to leave it on a positive note!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I clicked on your email link, but nothing happened. I don't have your email and I understand if you don't feel comfortable posting in the comments here.

    ReplyDelete