Friday, November 19, 2010

The View & Thank You

I'm actually glad that The View was requested because I'm going through a bit of a storm right now, and yet, oddly enough, I'm not really afraid right now and I seem to be happy in spite of it. I know there's no way I would be this way if I didn't have my best friend helping me. I think the thought of that in itself gives me unexplainable joy. So I've got a lot of work ahead of me these next couple months, so I will try to keep up on my posts, but they may be a little infrequent. I will do my best though to keep up. Thanks for keeping tabs on these pages readers!
I wrote The View for the ones dear to me that have gone through so much and seem to be losing sight. It was a way to send my heart to them I suppose. I think I originally wrote this with my ani in mind. Anyways, here it is!

The View

The storm is rough
You'll see bruises
You'll get beat up
In all trueness
You'll be tested
Far beyond your perceived limits
But it can be bested
By power vested
When the clouds clear
and the sun shines true
Just look at the view
Take it in
You'll remember why
It's worth the fight
When you see the sight
These small fights are preparing us
for the biggest storm ever seen
In our lives
But on the other side
Is the real life
If you listen to the captain
and follow his direction
You'll be fine
and you'll well survive
The storm's eye
So when the situation feels hopeless
You're fighting to stay afloat
You feel like you can't take anymore
You might as well sink the boat
Keep in mind what you're fighting for
Remember what's in view
What's in store
and keep yourself busy with what you need to do
To draw the strength
To make it though
With life in view
© copyright 2009




The next one is Thank You, this one isn't very good, but I did it because at the time I really didn't have any other way to thank the ones this poem was written for. This is for the brotherhood and the blessings that are connected with it.

Thank You

The waves of the sea
Calmed by a sweet serenity
So is the beauty of a unique kind of love
The righteous standards tower above
The ways of this wicked system of things
Their ways that result in so much suffering
The sweet love shown
Is far greater than the world has ever known
I remain in deep wonderment
Of all the beautiful blessings sent
Leaving me in question
How do I show my deep appreciation
For all the beautiful hospitality
That all of you have shown me
Perhaps someday I will see
However, right now, it will remain a mystery
All I can do now, is express my gratitude
In this poem written for you
So I write without further adieu
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

© copyright 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, I loved them!
    Now, how about Bittersweet Goodbye?

    ReplyDelete