Friday, November 12, 2010

Building a Bigger World

I wrote this poem when I was on the airplane. This was the time I moved to another state for a short time to finish schooling and for personal growth. This poem was to relate the changes I anticipated. I understood that I was leaving the world familiar to me, that it would change, and that things wouldn't be the same when I came back...if I came back. But I knew there would be pieces I took with me, or perhaps more, that there were pieces I needed to take with me. Parts I should hold on to, instead of forget. I needed to build a bigger world instead of leaving the old behind completely and leaving no room for it to grow. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but it did in my head. (^u^)


Building A Bigger World

Walking down a corridor to change
With each passing panel the anticipation grows
White blanket covering over the world I knew
As I rise, the pressure builds
now all there is, a bright white
A page to fill
Soon the cover will fade
To reveal a whole different world
A world I must learn the script to
And yet revise to make my own
This is it
It's up to me
To make the best of this new place
This foreign land
And to build a bridge, connecting the old with the new
To connect the two, and make one. bigger, world
It's up to me to share it with myself
And whoever else
This is my world
I choose who I let see it's wonders
It's up to me to choose wisely
To choose carefully
So here I go...
© copyright 2006

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this one. One of my favorites, honestly. I love the sense of adventure and that feeling you get when you take that first step into something new, big or small.

    ReplyDelete