I wrote this poem back in 2004. I had just recently seen the movie and loved Phantom of the Opera, still do to some degree, the story. At that time, I suppose I never thought I would see the light of day, little did I know what I would come to find. I longed for it so very much, but felt that it would always be out of reach. Little did I know I would find the light, that with enough striving, it would come. Now I've fallen in love with the light, and am saddened each time I see even just a little slip through my hands, but strive to get it back as soon as possible. I know this poem is a little melancholy, but I hope that it sheds some understanding.
The Phantom Inside of Me
A Phantom lives inside of me
It screams at me in agony
A Phantom that sheds bitter tears in isolation
This Phantom that I must mask away
To hide it's torment
To conceal it's wounds
It lies inside of me, it lies in ruins
When it looks at me
I see in it's eyes, it's misery
The Phantom knows pain untold
It's story, can never unfold
For no one will ever listen
They will hate what they fear
To much to ever hear
The reasons why it hurts so badly
Why it hurts others so madly
It's waiting for the kiss of kindness
It's waiting for the kiss of understanding
It's waiting for the day it fears may never come
Copyright © 2004
There you have it. I welcome positive feedback, please let me know what you think. This goes for any of the poems I post on this page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment