Monday, November 8, 2010

Dream

I wrote this poem some time ago, I was at the library. It was after school, in May of 2005. It was about a month before my mother died. It's so strange to think about how completely unforseen, the event was, that came only a month later. She'd been sick for years, we didn't realize just how little time we had left with her. Anyways, I wrote this off the top of my head when I was at the library because I didn't have any of the material that I wanted to post that day. Enjoy.


Dream

You say you dream
You're afraid to be seen
Yourself bereamed
A smile gleams
So tell me dreamer
How do you make your dream come true
You're a stranger
Yet somehow I feel I know you
I know it's not fair, the turns life throws
A smile slips out from my mouth as your brow furrows
You look at me with contentment
You look as though an angel has been sent
Why must you look at me this way?
I'm a fallen angel, one that you must slay
If you want to be happy, you must do this
Because your ignorance won't bring you bliss
However, if you must believe in me
Believe that I can be freed
Freed from my self-contempt
For this will help with my light's decent
If you free me, you will see
Just how wonderful I can be
After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
So tell me, will you be the shoulder?
My shoulder of support?
Tell me, will you be the beholder?

© copyright 2005


2 comments:

  1. You have many layers, you know that? Each time I see a hint of a new layer I am surprised how unique it is from the others, but still it seems to fit together so well.
    *Impressed*
    Superb idea for a blog, and incredibly interesting. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha! (^u^')\ It's called insanity, believe me, the more you're around it, the more tiring it gets! (^u^) でも、ホンとに有難う。 

    ReplyDelete