This post is in honor of the mood.
Not Today
I'm sorry
I never meant for it to be this way
I didn't want you to see me like this
Please don't try to confront me right now
There's just no reasoning today
Please don't make me tell you to walk away
I never intended to be like this
I know I worked so hard to get there
After all the mending done, I fell apart again
I broke the track, and I don't want to get back up
I'm afraid of too much, I can't live
I can't even walk for fear I fall again
For fear I break again
I never wanted you to see me like this
Please don't watch me try to smile now
Please don't tell me I'll get over this somehow
It's not going to happen today
But don't be sad
Take the only smile I have for you right now
And leave quickly
I'll see you when I get back up
Maybe tomorrow
I want to thank you for believing in me
Now I just have to learn to believe in myself
But I can't right now
Please don't stay
Please don't look for what you'll see
I fear you'll see the broken me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete