Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fight For Us

I wrote this poem some years ago, I think the principle of it can be applied in different situations. Fighting against divisive forces working against you and the ones dear to you. I can't really explain why I wrote a poem like this, I think I was thinking too much again.

Fight For Us

Tears of regret,
so distant,
and yet so near
Eyes of hope,
once so empty,
now overflowing
Let's keep fighting,
for what we believe in
Let's keep fighting for us,
for everything we had,
That, our world so great
Let's find that again
It's hiding somewhere inside of us
Let's believe
That'll we'll make it through
Please, we must do something
Before the tears come
The ones that can't be dried
Let's seal them away,
seal them away in mends
I'll fight for you
Will you still fight for me?
All that we have
Is too precious, is it not?
Too precious to give up
I refuse to believe that we can't work
I don't believe there's no other choice
This isn't the best we can do
So let's do better
I still love you
That how I know,
that we'll make it through,
as long as you still love me too

No comments:

Post a Comment