Frenemy
Don't cry little heart
Please don't be so sad
Don't be upset little heart
Please don't be so mad
I know it's painful,
And you want me to know
But when you do this,
It hurts me so
Don't listen to the lies,
Don't sing this bitter song
You have a place,
You are right where you belong
If you'd just work with the mind,
Instead of beating it
You'd find it to be,
A much better gift
I need you to find the sun,
Even when it's dark
I need you two to work together,
I need you to do your part
Don't let the memories,
Of a painful past haunt you
Though you have breaks and tears,
Believe you can still be made new
You can bring sunshine,
You can bring a storm
You can pull me down,
And leave me feeling torn
My little heart,
I need you to be strong
I need you to believe,
You have a place you belong
Please stop tearing out the pages,
Stop making this story so short
Please don't pull me under,
With your cold retorts
I need you to hold strong,
To faith, joy, hope, and love
See my best friend's thoughts are greater,
He sees it all from high above
I need you to believe,
Tomorrow is an entirely new day
I need you to not give in,
To heartache and dismay
Grow strong, hold true
Open your eyes and see
Be that little daisy,
I know you could be
Please little heart,
Don't give up the fight
Yesterday is gone,
Set it out of sight
9/5/13
No comments:
Post a Comment